Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'm so proud!!

As you all know - I love to scrapbook. Nathan makes many remarks about my paying for pictures and then cutting them up (someone should let him know that cutting them all up isn't even the style any more). 8-) Anyway, he does make some comments about it, but never actually complains about my spending on scrapbook stuff. He never sits with me and works with me on it or anything either. MUCH to my surprise and delight he made my mother's day card with his own two hands. Is that not just adorable?? And for those of you that are really scrapbookers I have to tell you all that he did. He used 2 different trimmers, three different papers, ribbon, ink (all edges), a rub-on (inside) and as if that wasn't enough - he figured out how to use my CRICUT and even used the negative image because he thought it was cuter to see through the "mom" part. He is amazing, isn't he? And really, honestly - the card is cute. He did a great job. He got up after I was in bed Saturday night so that he could surprise me with it - I can just see his huge hands doing all this.



Last night was another swim lesson for Treyton. He did good. I was able to get some cute pics of him.

(Looking just like his Daddy)


(His swim-mates)


(The Bob)


(The Front Float)


(The Back Float)


(The Spider)


("Swimming" down to the end and back up using arms and legs. He did really good with this.)


(The Sinker)


(The Sinker, contd. Yup, that is him under all that water. He was okay with this basically. Says the water burns his eyes and so he doesn't really want to open them to look for the sinker. I got him goggles last night after the class - he promises he won't mind opening his eyes. He was okay - I wasn't really. Most of you know that I have an extreme fear of water - some of you know why. It was all I could do to act calm while his instructor (who is really incredible) shoved him under the water to search for the sinker. It seemed like she would hold him under there for an eternity. I was more than a little nervous. I didn't say anything though - and just acted to him like that was normal.)


(The Sinker, contd.)


Bak2u...

**Julie - glad someone missed me. Braxton is improving. We saw him on Friday night - he is mobile. Pushes himself around with his hands. HE has very good control of his "red" leg - as we all call it. Thanks for being faithful to my blog while I was gone. We are very sorry about Grandpa as well - however, for those of us that saw him every day in the hospital we are glad that he is all better now.

**Ames - I certainly hope "normal" is right around the corner as well. I beginning to think that "normal" is just a thing that we all reach for and can't quite get any more. 8-) Love ya!!

**Tamra - glad to be back. Hope to see more of you guys now at your blog! Glad you have joined us!

**Leanna! Never give up, Friend!! lol Let me know about tonight - would love for you to come by!

2 comments:

Belle said...

Very COOL card!!!

sankey family said...

Way to go, Nathan...that's so sweet that he made you a card. Kudos!
Love you, sis,
Melodie